Human Resource and Immigration | Visa and Work Pass
Employment and Executive Work Passes
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is Singapore’s main authority for working in Singapore. MOM requires all foreigners who wish to work in Singapore to obtain a Work Pass before commencing any form of work. 3E Accounting will not only submit your application, but will also thoroughly analyze and tweak it for best results. We are very confident in our work, boasting a 99 percent success rate and are proud to offer our best service to you. We provide assistance in applications for these passes and permits:
Entry Visa to Singapore
Foreigners holding ordinary passports issued by the following Assessment Level I Countries will require a visa to enter Singapore:
- People’s Republic of China (PRC)†
- Commonwealth of Independent States†:
Also, holders of:
- Hong Kong Document of Identity
- Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit
* Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements.
- Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements for a stay of up to 30 days.
- Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements for a stay of up to 90 days.
You can apply for a visa through our online agent for a low starting fee of $75. Please visit our partner web site for the application today: Singapore e-VISA Application Fees
The Employment Pass allows foreign professionals to work in Singapore. It applies to foreigners who earn a fixed monthly salary of more than S$3,600 and have at least one recognized degree qualification.
Renewal of Employment Pass is straightforward and no documents are required normally.
For more information, please refer to Employment Pass
The S-Pass allows mid-level skilled foreigners who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$2,200. An applicant must have obtained at least a diploma or its equivalent to work in Singapore. Specialized skills, job scope and work experience are also considered. To apply for an S-Pass, your prospective employer must fulfill a specified quota for local employees – accordingly, we will advise you if you are eligible. Not applicable to newly setup company.
The Work Permit (WP) is for foreigners who are from an approved source country/territory (depending on the sector in which the worker is going to be employed). Under the Employment Act, the minimum age for an employee is 16 years old. This condition is applicable to both local and foreign workers. For the purpose of Work Permit application, Malaysians must be below 58 years old while non-Malaysians must be below 50 years old at the time of the application. To apply for a Work Permit, your prospective employer must fulfill a specified quota for local employees – accordingly, we will advise you if you are eligible. Not applicable to newly setup company.
Personalized Employment Pass
The Personalized Employment Pass (PEP) is for a special group of highly-trained individuals or qualified professionals looking for a job in Singapore. The PEP is not tied to an employer and is granted on the strength of the applicant’s merit. A PEP holder can remain in Singapore for up to six months between jobs to evaluate new employment opportunities.
Although the criteria assessment of this pass is stringent, educational qualifications are not assessed. It also gives the applicant a five year Multi-Journey Visa and the flexibility to switch between jobs while staying in Singapore.
Entre Pass (For Business Owners with low educational qualification)
Foreign entrepreneurs who would like to start businesses in Singapore should apply for an EntrePass. EntrePass applicants will be assessed based on the credibility of their proposed business plans. Educational qualifications are not assessed but a good business proposal will be required.
Renewal of EntrePass – You must meet all the following criteria to renew your EntrePass on annually basis:
– Company must employ at least two (four from second year forward) full-time local employees;
– Company must demonstrate total local business spending (TBS) of $100,000 ($150,000 from second year forward) over the past 12 months;
– Latest audited accounts;
– Central Provident Fund statements for the employees;
– Highest educational certificates of employees;
– Tenancy agreements;
– Company registration information from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority;
– Corporate bank statements for the past three months;
– Referral letters from customers; and
– Recent invoices issued/contracts awarded.
For more information, please refer to EntrePass
Employment Pass holders and selected S-Pass holders with salary of $5,000 or more can apply for Dependent’s Passes for their spouses or unmarried/legally adopted children under 21 years of age.
A Letter of Consent allows a Dependent’s Pass holder to work in Singapore. To be eligible, the applicant must:
- be a dependent of an Employment Pass holder
- secure a job offer with a Singapore employer
- have a Dependent’s Pass that is valid for at least three months
Long Term Visit Pass
Employment Pass holders with salary of $10,000 or more can apply for Long-Term Visit Passes for their common-law spouses, unmarried daughters above 21 years of age, parents, parents-in-law, step-children or handicapped children above 21 years of age.
Work Pass Exempt Activities – Before Notification
Foreigners can perform certain activities in Singapore for short durations without a work pass. They can perform these activities for the duration of their short term visit passes subject to a maximum of 60 days. Beyond that, they will need to obtain a Work Pass. The waiver of Work Pass requirements does not exempt foreigners from having to comply with other specific legal requirements in Singapore.
Carrying out Work Pass Exempt Activities without notifying MOM is an offence under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.
The exempt activities are as follows:-
- Journalism Activities
- Location Filming & Fashion Shows
- Seminars & Conferences
- Provision of Specialised Skills
- Arbitration or Mediation Services
- Junket Activities
- Tour Facilitation
For detail information, please refer to Work Pass Exempt Activities – Before Notification