This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))
Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
The Ministry of Manpower in Singapore is commonly known by their abbreviation MOM. Since its establishment, MOM has been the ministry of the Government of Singapore that has been responsible for the formulation and implementation of the labour policies related to the workforce in Singapore.
MOM’s Mission and Vision
MOM’s mission and values have always been supportive of the vision to build a great workforce and a great workplace for all Singaporeans, and this has become the cornerstone of its vision, which is A Great Workforce. A Great Workplace. Alongside its vision is MOM’s mission, which is to develop a productive workforce and progressive workplaces for Singaporeans to have better jobs and a secure retirement.
MOM has always aimed to develop a great workforce and workplace so all Singaporeans can aspire to real income growth, achieve fulfilling careers and gain financial security while MOM works hard to maintain a manpower-lean and competitive economy for all.
MOM aims to enable companies provide good jobs and for Singaporeans to take up good jobs, which will help build a stronger Singapore at the core where it matters, which will in turn help MOM achieve its vision and mission. They also enables job opportunities for all, sustained wage growth and improve workplace conditions for the vulnerable. They has always aspired to develop and fair and progressive workplace to ensure the well-being, health and safety of all who work in Singapore.
What MOM Values
MOM has four shared values which guide the behaviours and actions towards building a greater workforce and great workplace in Singapore. These values are:
- People-centredness – MOM succeeds by placing people at the heart of their work and realise success through our people.
- Professionalism – MOM behaves and act professionally and serve with integrity.
- Teamwork – MOM succeeds through teamwork. Together, their whole is greater than the sum of their parts.
- Passion for Progress – MOM is passionate about seeking progress as individuals and as an organisation.
MOM also adopts the H.E.A.R.T. principles in delivering service to their customers and stakeholders.
What does H.E.A.R.T. stand for? What MOM believes in:
- (H)EAR them out – MOM listens to, understand and engage their customers and stakeholders.
- Make it (E)asy – Simplifying their policies and processes to make it easy to understand.
- (A)nticipate their needs – Anticipating and make continuous improvements to meet the needs of their customers and stakeholders.
- (R)espect every individual – MOM accords respect to everyone who interacts with them.
- Be (T)imely – MOM strives to continually meet the service standard and promises made.
Currently, MOM overseas 14 divisions and 3 statutory boards. The 2 statutory boards are the Central Provident Fund Board, Singapore Workforce Development Agency and the Singapore Labour Foundation. The 14 divisions include:
|Corporate Communications Department||Legal Services Department|
|Corporate Planning Department||Manpower Planning and Policy Division|
|Customer Responsiveness Department||Manpower Research and Statistics Department|
|Foreign Manpower Management Division||Occupational Safety and Health Division|
|Income Security Policy Division||National Human Resources Division|
|International Manpower Division||Work Pass Division|
|Labour Relations and Workplaces Division||Workplace Policy and Strategy Division|