This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))

Apply for Singapore Employment Pass in Singapore

Singapore Employment PassSingapore Employment Pass Application Services is one of the many services under 3E’s One-Stop Solution to help complete our client’s quest in setting up a business and relocating to Singapore. We can explain to you about the Singapore employment pass scheme, tracking on the employment pass status, apply for employment pass and employment pass renewal for your employees. Singapore EP application services is the preferred choice for most foreigners who want to set up a company in Singapore and work and live in Singapore for more than 6 months.


Work passes processed

3E Accounting Awarded Best Immigration Consultant in 2021 by Top World Business

3E Accounting is recognised as the Best Immigration Consultant in Singapore for 2021. Led by a team of multi-professionals who are at the top of their field.

Package Fee for Singapore Employment Pass Application

Packages Available Fee (SGD)
Employment Pass application (including appeal process) *** $1,000 (W/GST $1,090)
Dependent Pass application for spouse / children $500 (W/GST $545)
Long Term Visit Pass application for parents / step children $500 (W/GST $545)
Renewal of Employment Pass *** $650 (W/GST $708.50)
Update changes with MOM (for each transaction) $100 (W/GST $109)
EP eService account registration and/or revenue updating for nominee director clients (mandatory to update as stipulated by the Ministry of Manpower prior to work pass application) $300 (W/GST $327)

* The fee quoted above are excluding out-of-pocket expenses or reimbursement fees such as translation fee, issuance processing fee, any other fees payable to MOM and etc.
** An additional fee of $200 (W/GST $219) will apply if you need our assistance to collect the pass on your behalf at 3E’s office. (Please take note that the pass must be sent by courier to a Singapore address).
*** This fee is for our existing clients or clients who engage the EP renewal service as a package with our other services

Our Services cover by 3E’s Singapore Employment Agency

  • Assistance in completing the Singapore employment self assessment tools with MOM
  • Pre-application information and advice on Work Pass
  • Filing of Work Pass application
  • Tracking Work Pass application status while under processing
  • Liaise with Direct MOM officer in charge when necessary by 3E’s Singapore employment agency
  • Responding to MOM’s request for additional information as necessary
  • Arranging for issuance of Work Pass upon in-principle approval
  • Filing of maximum of 2 appeals within 3 months from the date of rejection as per MOM’s guildline in case of rejection of Work Pass application

Singapore Employment Pass Application Services is one of the many services under 3E Accounting’s One-Stop Solution to help complete client’s quest in setting up a business and relocating to Singapore.

Singapore Company Incorporation and Relocation to Singapore

If you wish to incorporate a company and relocate to Singapore to manage your company operations, you will need to accomplish two main tasks:

  1. Incorporate a Singapore company.
  2. Obtain a work pass visa through employment agency in Singapore.

There are two Singapore employment work pass options for you to choose from.
To learn more which work pass option is best suited for you, see Comparison of EntrePass versus Employment Pass

If you are a foreign entrepreneur, professional, managing director or shareholder who possesses an acceptable diploma/degree, professional qualifications or specialist skills, you may consider applying for an EP. Oftentimes, relevant work experience also plays a significant role in determining your eligibility.

Each Employment Pass apply by employment agency in Singapore can be valid for 1 or 2 years, and is renewable as long as the pass holder remains employed in the company. The validity period for first-time employment pass application applicants is up to two years.

For corporations you will need to secure Employment Passes for your staff such as managing directors and management staff if you are intending to relocate them to Singapore. With an Employment Pass, the pass holder can travel in and out of Singapore with minimum hassle during immigration. In addition, Employment Pass holders who work more than 2 years are also eligible to apply for Permanent Residence (PR) in Singapore. On another note, if you or your foreign employees are in Singapore on a short-term basis (between 2 weeks to 6 months), it would be more useful to apply for the Short-Term Pass.

If you are a foreigner, you can still realize your dream of becoming your own boss. We at 3E Accounting Pte Ltd provide you with all the support and assistance you require to incorporate your Singapore company, explaining to you about the Singapore employment pass scheme, tracking of the employment pass status, and submission of the Singapore EP application. You can set up a company or run a company without having to relocate to Singapore or being physically located here!

Singapore Company Setup Requirements

  • Minimum: one shareholder plus one resident director plus one company secretary
  • Minimum paid-up capital of S$1
  • A local registered office address

Employment Pass Eligibility and Requirements

The Ministry of Manpower determines your eligibility based on the employment pass scheme factors listed below. To be considered for an Employment Pass, you must have S$5,000 (from 01 September 2022, the qualifying salary for EP for the Financial Services Sector will be raised to S$5,500) The minimum qualifying salary will be increases progressively with age and relevant working experience and the candidate will be required to possess one or more of the following:

  • Acceptable educational qualifications, e.g.a diploma or degree
  • Professional qualifications
  • Specialist skills
  • Related work experience

Note: There will be an upcoming change to the EP eligibility criteria from 1 September 2023. In addition to meeting the qualifying salary, EP candidates must also pass a points-based Complementarity Assessment Framework (COMPASS).

Pass for Family Members

Fixed Monthly Salary Passes for family members
At least with a monthly salary of $6,000 Dependant’s Pass
– Spouse (legally married)
– Unmarried children under 21 years old, including those legally adopted
Long Term Visit Pass
– Common-law spouse
– Unmarried handicapped children aged 21 and above
– Unmarried step-children under 21 years old
At least with a monthly salary of $12,000 Long Term Visit Pass

– Parents

Below are the procedures for Employment Pass Application: –

1) To provide 3E Accounting for the following required documents must be submitted to Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM)

  • the clear passport copy and Singapore work pass/ student pass/ any other pass copy (if any)
  • 2 highest education certificates
  • working testimonial (if any) and a resume/ CV
  • completed application form with details of applicant

* For married candidate, please provide item 1, 2 & 3 of your spouse.
2) The processing time is 3 weeks usually.
3) If the application does not approve in the first assessment, MOM will require additional information (e.g., business plan, testimonial, Employment letter / contract and etc.) and we will track employment pass status and submit appeal on your behalf at no additional cost. The appeal process will take  1-4 months usually.

4) Upon approval, you will have 6 months’ time travel to Singapore and complete the Employment Pass issuance before the In-Principle Approval is expired.

In summary, the application could be completed in 3 weeks to 3 months’ time.
You are not required to stay in Singapore while applying for the work pass and tracking of employment pass status.

Note: The application for the Singapore Employment Pass can only be submitted after the incorporation of a company.

Dependent’s Pass Application

Please provide:
1) Spouse – Marriage Certificate, & Passport, education certificates and last drawn salary details (payslip)
2) Child – Birth certificate, Passport, Verification of Vaccination Requirements (VR) for foreign-born children who is aged 12 years old and below & applying for new DP. (for entry to Singapore)
. For more details, please refer to the HPB website at

If your child is going to study in Singapore, you can approach the school directly for the enrollment and the school will apply student pass for your child and no Dependent pass is required for.

Any non-English document will require an official English transaction.

Job Advertisement Requirement

As required by local government, firms submitting new Employment Pass (EP) applications will have to advertise on for 14 calendar days calendar days before it submits an EP application. This is to ensure that local workforce interested in the job are able to have access to the job information before the firm makes the hiring decision.

The ads must comply with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices and be open for at least 14 consecutive days.

You will be exempted from the above advertisement requirement for Singapore EP application if:

a) Your company has fewer than 10 employees;
b) The job position is paying a fixed monthly salary of S$20,000 and above (salary threshold for this exemption will be raised to $22,500 with effective from 1 Sep 2023);
c) The role is to be filled by a local transferee, (i.e., an existing employee from your company in Singapore transferring to another related branch, subsidiary, or affiliate in Singapore.)
d) The job is to be filled by an intra-corporate transferee (ICTs) as defined by the World Trade Organisation’s General Agreement on Trade in Services; OR
e) The job is necessary for short-term contingencies (i.e., period of employment in Singapore for not more than one month).

Singapore Employment Pass

Frequently Asked Questions

Employment pass holders do not have to make any social security contributions to the Central Provident Fund (“CPF” which is applicable to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents only). However, the employer (company) is required to contribute a fee to the Skills Development Fund (SDF). SDF contribution or Skills Development Levy (SDL) is paid by employers for all employees up to the first $4,500 of gross monthly remuneration at the rate of 0.25% or $2, which ever is higher.

Yes, as an Employment Pass holder, you can be the company director and sole shareholder.

Yes, your Company must have at least one director who is a local resident. Therefore you will require our nominee director service on a temporary basis until your Employment Pass is approved. Once your Employment Pass is approved and you have moved to Singapore, we will replace our nominee director with you as the local director in the Company.Kindly remind that, it is our Company’s policy that our nominee director will not be involved in your business operation therefore if your business is required to apply for a licence, our nominee director will have to step down when you are ready to proceed with the licence application. Most licence application will need to be signed and submitted by a local key executive personal/director therefore you will need to have such person to act for your company and apply for the licence.

In certain cases such as if you are in the food and beverage business you will be required to apply for business licence(s) first to support your work pass application. Hence, our nominee director will only act for the incorporation in order for you to employ your own local director to assist you with the licence and work pass application.

Most businesses do not require licenses or permits to operate, there are handfuls that do, as they are regulated by the approving authorities. Some of these are private schools, travel agencies, liquor distributors, moneylenders, banks, childcare centres.
For more information, please see Business License Application.

Typically your Employment Pass will be valid for 1 to 2 years. You are advisable to submit renewal for your Employment Pass within 6 month prior to the expiry date and the validity period will be continue from the date of expiry, not the date of renewal approve.

If you are required to go through a medical test, it will be indicated in your In-Principle Approval Letter along with the list of specific tests. In general, it includes a physical examination and some blood tests to rule out serious diseases such as HIV and etc.The medical form in the In-Principle Approval Letter must be completed by a certified doctor. If it is not written in English, you are required to submit a copy of the original papers and the official English translation done by a certified translator, High Commission/Embassy or notary public. The medical report is valid for card registration within 3 months from the date of medical examination.

You are encouraged to do the medical examination in Singapore to ensure that it meets the requirements and medical report will be written in English.

The chances of an Employment Pass application depend on the credentials of the company and the credentials of the individual applicant. We will be able to advice you upon further discussion with you.

As of now the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) requires only a copy of your education certificates. However, please take note that MOM reserves all the rights to request to review your original certificates before or after the approval of your Employment Pass. Therefore it is advisable to arrange for your original certificates to be couriered.

There are no automatic approvals of Dependant Pass for your immediate family members. You will have to submit a separate application for your family either together or after the approval of your Employment Pass.