This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))
MNC Companies in Singapore
Singapore, a vibrant island nation hub in Asia, has long held the reputation for being able to attract and entice multinational corporations (MNCs) to come and establish a base on this side of the Asia Pacific region. This is because Singapore has cemented a reputation for itself as being one of the best places in the region to do business thanks to its strategic location, stable economy and equally stable political environment, it’s world-class infrastructure and its ease of doing business. With elements like that in play, it is no wonder MNCs are rushing to find a foothold and this island of potential.
Here’s a peek at some of the top MNCs in the world that have set up a base in Singapore and are currently thriving:
- Bosch – A German-based company specializing in the automotive technology industry, industrial and building technology and consumer goods.
- Bayer AG – A German-based company specializing in pharmaceuticals and chemicals
- Deutsche Post DHL – A German-based courier services company
- CIC – A French-based financial services company
- Actavis – A US-based pharmaceuticals company
- Rakuten – A Japanese-based e-commerce company
- Sony Corporation – A Japanese-based consumer electronics, gaming, entertainment and financial services company
- Panasonic – A Japanese-based electronics company
- Bridgestone – A Japanese-based automotive and tire manufacturer
- Philips – A Netherlands-based consumer electronics, healthcare and lighting company
- Unilever – A Netherlands/United Kingdom-based consumer goods company
- Xero – A New Zealand-based cloud-based accounting software for SMEs
- Roche – A Switzerland-based high-end software and security engineering company
- Novartis – A Switzerland-based pharmaceuticals company
- Microsoft & Apple – Two US-based consumer electronics and computer software and services company
- Google – A US-based internet-related services provider
- Pfizer – A US-based pharmaceuticals company
And this list is just the tip of the iceberg. The list of MNCs available in Singapore is vast and impressive, some other recognizable names here include the likes of Chevron, Merck & Co, General Electric, Proctor & Gamble, General Motors, UPS, Hewlett-Packard, Cargill, Kimberly-Clark and more.
Singapore has definitely positioned itself uniquely within the global economy and plays a pivotal role as a business epicentre within the heart of Asia, and that’s why MNCs continue to favour Singapore as a preferred business destination. MNCs stand to benefit from Singapore’s open business policies, and since English is one of the main working languages in the country, there is no shortage of skilled and qualified professionals to help fill important roles within the organization.
Many MNC companies from all over the world continue to hold Singapore in high regard as an ideal location to establish and expand their businesses, and this outlook continues to improve as Singapore continues to advance and progress.