All That You Need to Know About the Dependent Pass Singapore and Singapore Employment Pass
Singapore is developing very fast, and thus many professionals are shifting to Singapore because of a better standard of living, low taxation, and attractive government policies. You need to apply for a dependent pass Singapore if you are moving to Singapore to work with your family. Obtaining a Singapore employment pass enables your family members to stay, study and work in this country.
Singapore employment pass is the visa issued by the Singapore authorities to the foreign professionals which allows them to reside and work in this country. This pass also permits the holder to travel in and out of Singapore without any entry pass. So, don’t forget to apply for a Singapore employment pass if your company is shifting you to Singapore for work.
Eligibility Criteria for Dependent Pass Singapore
With a dependent pass, a person can bring a spouse and single children of age below 21 years. If the spouse or children are working and earning around SGD 6000, then they need to apply for a long term visit pass.
One can apply for a dependent pass Singapore once the working visa is obtained. Applicants must be prepared entirely with all the documents so that their visa can be approved quickly. The dependent pass is connected to the work pass; hence, it expires when the work pass expires too.
Can a Family Member Who Has a Dependent Pass Allowed to Work in Singapore?
Yes, he/she can work but the person needs to obtain a letter of consent from the Ministry of Manpower. This entire process can take about three weeks. It is mandatory to obtain LOC, and the working spouse will have to pay personal taxes.
It will help if you renew your LOC whenever you renew your DP pass. The ministry will send you an application form a month before your LOC expires and this process can take some time so always renew it on time.
Singapore Employment Pass
It is for skilled professionals such as managers, executives, directors. The ministry of manpower issues this permit. It is valid for one to two years and the individual with this pass should renew it during that time. Having a Singapore employment pass in your pocket allows you to obtain a permanent residency in Singapore.
Eligibility Criteria for obtaining an employment pass
- The minimum salary must be SGD 3600 per month. It is the fixed salary for graduate freshers. Thus, you can easily apply for this pass if you have enough experience.
- Applicable for executive, managers and sill-extensive jobs only
- The candidate must be a graduate from a notable university. However, if he/ she doesn’t have a degree, then his/ her previous employment certificate must justify his skills, his salary, and overall experience.
How to Obtain a Singapore Employment Pass?
- You can register for an employment pass online if you have registered your company for EP. This process takes up to three weeks if you submit all the documents correctly.
- You can also submit an offline application form along with all the required documents, and this process can take a long time up to 8 weeks when compared with online registration.
Once your pass is approved, you will receive a letter from in-principal approval letter (IPA) which is valid for six months from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) at your company’s address.
You will have to travel to Singapore to obtain your pass, and one-time entry visa will be permitted to you to collect the visa. You need to come along with passport and other documents mentioned in the IPA letter.
While you are collecting your employment visa, you can also receive a dependent visa for your spouse and children.
Make your relocation plans only when you receive an IPA letter from MOM.
Get in touch with us through email or phone. Our team is more than happy to assist you regarding dependent visa Singapore and Singapore employment visa