Singapore Branch Office Setup | Foreign Company Registration in Singapore
If you run a foreign company and wish to set up Singapore operations, you have three options:
In this article, we are going to explain how to set up a branch office in Singapore. Note that most small and midsized foreign companies register subsidiaries in Singapore rather than setting up a branch office. To explore your other options, see foreign company setup options in Singapore.
In a rush?
Package Fees for Singapore Branch Office Registration (Singapore dollars)
BRANCH OFFICE REGISTRATION PACKAGE
|Branch Office Setup fee *||
$2,000 (W/GST $2,140)
|Annual Registered Address Services ^
$300 (W/GST $321) ^
|Annual Registered Secretarial Agent services||
$1,500 (W/GST $1,605)
|Opening of Singapore bank account **||
|TOTAL BRANCH OFFICE REGISTRATION PACKAGE FEE
$3,800 (W/GST $4,066)
You can set up your branch office today! The price is $2,000 (W/GST $2,140), and you don’t even have to visit our office in Singapore!
A branch office must appoint at least one person living in Singapore to be its local authorised representative. The authorised representative has the responsibility of accepting notices on behalf of the branch office.
^ If you can provide a local Singapore address as the registered address of the branch office, the fee will not be applicable for the Singapore branch office registration with local authorised representative package.
* There is an additional charge of $900 (W/GST $963) for registration of foreign company without share capital. (For example, company is limited by guarantee). For any setup with more than 3 own authorised representatives and directors, an extra charge of $100 (W/GST $107) per person or entity will apply. The directors and authorised representatives may report an alternate address with the Registrar. The alternate address must be located in the same jurisdiction as the individual’s residential address. Therefore if the officer is a local resident, his alternate address cannot be a foreign address. The alternate address cannot be a P.O. Box address and must be an address where the person can be contacted. An extra charge of $150 (W/GST $160.50) per officer per alternate address will apply.
** We do not charge any fee for assisting with the first bank account opening if you visit Singapore after setting up the branch office.
Your time is important and you probably are chomping at the bit to get your branch office registered in Singapore. Your choice of 3E Accounting is perfect, because we are FAST. You will be impressed at how our friendly and efficient professionals respond to your every needs. We are big enough to know all the right moves and small enough to react nimbly to all requests. We won’t let you get bogged down in red tapes. You can trust 3E Accounting to speed up the process. We offer the best package of services available in Singapore which includes:
– Payment of professional fees for the setting up of the branch office
– ACRA branch office name reservation
– ACRA government fees and our professional fees
– Preparation of necessary documents
– FREE business information profile
– FREE copy of e-certificate of registration
– FREE one round self-inking stamp worth S$27
– FREE bank introduction and opening services in Singapore
– FREE advisory on compliance requirements
– FREE monitoring of filing deadline for one year
– FREE registration consulting services
– FREE 12 months shared fax number
– FREE advice to access government grants for technology purchases – 60 percent cash grants are available
– Add on 12 months of registered address services at Goldhill Plaza for only S$300 (W/GST $321).
– Add on 12 months of secretarial agent services for only S$1,500 (W/GST $1,605) (extra secretarial charges applied for adhoc services).
You’ll need to provide the following information to email@example.com to set up your Singapore branch office:
- Branch office name (must be the same as that of the parent company)
- Brief description of business activities
- Parent company’s financial year end
- Tell us whether the parent company is required by law in its home country to hold an annual general meeting
- A copy of Parent company’s latest financial statements – if the law for the time being applicable to the Parent company in the place of its incorporation or formation requires financial statements of the Parent company to be prepared
- A certified copy of the certificate of incorporation or registration in your home place of incorporation or origin, or a document of a similar effect — must be certified by the Registrar of Companies, any other equivalent certifying authority or a Notary Public
- A certified copy of the parent company’s charter, statute or memorandum and articles or other instrument or documents defining its constitution — must be certified by the Registrar of Companies, any other equivalent certifying authority or a Notary Public
- A certified true copy of the current extract of the parent company’s particulars — must be certified by the Registrar of Companies, any other equivalent certifying authority or a Notary Public
- The list of the parent company’s directors and their personal particulars, i.e. passport number, residential address, nationality, date of birth, date of appointment as director of the foreign company (please provide clear copies of certified true copy of the directors passport and residential address proof issued within the last 2 months, if applicable) Download – List of Director
- The list must include directors residing in Singapore who are members of the local board of directors, if any and a memorandum duly executed by or on behalf of the foreign company stating the powers of the local directors, Download – Local Director
- A memorandum of appointment or power of attorney under the seal of the foreign company or executed on its behalf in such manner as to be binding on the company, stating the names and addresses of local authorised representative authorized to accept on its behalf service of process and any notices required to be served on the company. The memorandum of appointment or power of attorney must be verified and accompanied by a duly signed statutory declaration (for commonwealth countries) or affidavit (for non-commonwealth countries). Download – Statutory Declaration
- A minimum of one local authorised representative is required. Please provide us a copy of the local Singapore authorised representative NRIC with his/her contact information (telephone and email). If he/she is an Employment Pass holder, please provide his/her copy of passport, work pass, proof of residential address in Singapore. In addition, please provide us a copy of the memorandum of appointment of local authorised representative. Download – Branch Memo Appoint Local Agent.
- A Singapore registered office address (registered office address or physical office address), if any. We provide registered office service if required.
- A principal activities description (maximum of two activities) accompanied by the appropriate SSIC Code, if any. You can look up SSIC Codes at Search SSIC Code for Business Activity or 3E Accounting can assist you.
- Applicant’s contact information (name, telephone, email, etc)
- Additional Information required for clients Who Engaged an Agent to act on their behalf
- Agent’s contact information (name, telephone, email, etc.)
- Agent’s Copy of passport, proof of foreign residential address and national identity card, if any
- Agent’s copy of the registration documents containing the Certificate of Incorporation, and Certificate of Incumbency or equivalent document (Click Certificate of Incumbency to download the sample), if any
- Copy of the Authorization letter that the customer has appointed the agent to act on his behalf
@@ Any documents not in English must be translated into English before submission.
STEPS TO SETUP BRANCH OFFICE
Steps for In-Person Branch Office Registration
1. Visit our office to submit the information listed above.
2. Pay cash.
3. We will set up your branch office within the same day!
Steps to Incorporate Via Email
1. Email the information listed above to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. We will check the availability of the branch office name and get back to you within 24 hours.
3. Once we receive the information and confirm the branch office’s name, we will email you our invoice for payment. Upon receipt of payment, we will reserve the requested branch office.
4. We will then email you all the documents requiring signatures.
5. When we receive your scanned signed documents, we will need 24 hours to perform the basic verification of your identity.
6. Once we complete the verification, we’ll set up the branch office within the same day.
7. Once the branch office setup is completed, we will email you all the completed documents (i.e. business profile and various other documents). For fast delivery, we can courier the company stamp to your designated address or you may collect the stamp at our office.
Should you have any questions about Singapore branch office formation, please email us at email@example.com and we will promptly reply within 24 hours.