Laos Company Incorporation Services
Laos is a landlocked country in Southeast Asia that offers different business structures for incorporation to foreign investors and multinationals. Many companies and investors seek to leverage on the labor market for production activities and the tax incentives of opening an offshore company in the country. Let’s take a look at the type of corporate structures available and why 3E Accounting is the trusted by the top investors and companies for Laos company incorporation services.
Business Incorporation in Laos
Laos currently enables foreign ownership (partial or complete) for three business structures.
Joint venture (JV) – This type is considered a foreign invested enterprise for which foreign and Laos national investors are required who will share the profits and loss along with managerial duties. This is ideal for companies looking to a local partner and government support.
Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE) – This is a limited liability company structure that allows 100% foreign ownership. This structure is suitable for investors or legal entities that want to establish production in Laos with distribution and supply out of the country.
Representative Office – Opening a representative office in Laos is fairly quick and the process is streamlined to allow incorporation within 8 weeks. However it is not preferred by businesses that are looking to establish an offshore company in the country as a means of generating revenue.
The process of incorporation in Laos is time consuming compared to other countries in the region.
- The company must first apply for Name Reservation Certificate from the Enterprise Registry Office and get the Enterprise Registration Certificate from the Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
- Following this, the company must register Articles of Association with State Asset Management Department of the Ministry of Finance.
- The company will apply for the Tax Registration Certificate if doing business in Laos.
- The company must then get content approval by completing the MICT form and the building permit by completing the application form available from the Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism. Once the Enterprise Registration Certificate is issued the company must carve a seal and submit it for approval so that it can be officially used.
- The last step is to register workers (labor) with the Social Security Office, which is free of charge.
How 3E Accounting Helps
3E Accounting provides fast and trouble free Laos company incorporation services that are designed to expedite the process. We help our clients and partners identify the ideal corporate structure for their needs and provide complete assistance and management from incorporation and licensing to immigration.
Get Started Today
3E Accounting wants to help you open an offshore company in Laos that has a strong foundation for success. We believe that our consultancy, assistance, and representation can be the difference you need to turn your offshore company investment into a profitable venture. So get in touch with us today and let us help your business get incorporated in Laos the right way.