Home Based Business Ideas You Can Start in Singapore
Being able to work from home is a dream come true for many people. At it is not such an impossible reality either, as long as you have a working computer, excellent internet connection, and perhaps a printer or fax machine, but those are not so much of a priority.
How to Start a Home-Based Business
Starting a work from home business would be pretty much like starting a regular business, except without the need for a physical office space. To choose a work from home business that you would like to venture into, you would need to choose one that is something you are passionate about and you have enough skills in to make it a success.
What Kind of Home-Based Business Can I Start?
Just about anything you want! The sky’s the limit and as long as you have the passion and the drive to make it work, you could start a home-based business in any line of work. Here are some ideas of work from home options that are popular in Singapore to help you get started and the requirements needed for each job:
- Be a Bookkeeper – Trained in accountancy with a background knowledge related to bookkeeping.
- Be a Massage Therapist – Fulfil the licensing requirements.
- Be a Graphic Designer – Design software and a flair for creativity.
- Be Involved in Tax Preparation – A trained background in taxes.
- Be a Hair Stylist – Experience with hair cutting.
- Be an Interior Designer – A degree or certification in the field.
- Be a Copywriter – An excellent command of English; a degree in advertising, marketing, English or communication is a bonus.
- Be a Virtual Assistant – No specific requirement; organizational skills are a plus.
- Be a Marketing Consultant – A background in marketing
- Be an Editor – A background in English or communication.
- Be a Web Designer – A background in design and a flair for creativity.
- Be a Translator – Knowing more than one language fluently.
- Be a Video Producer – A background in videography.
- Be a Doula – Licensing required and getting certified by DONA International.
- Be a Grant Writer – Experience writing grants.
- Be a Medical Transcriptionist – A background education as a transcriptionist.
- Be a Tutor – A background in education.
- Be a Photographer – A background in photography and top quality camera and equipement.
Work from home or home-based businesses can come from any source, some which you wouldn’t even think of as a profession a couple of years ago. Some examples of this would include:
- EBook Author
- Personal organizer
- Herb Farmer
- Mystery Shopper
- Bargain Hunter
- Personal Stylist
- App Designer
- Landscape Designer
- Tour Guide
- Off-Hours Day-care
- Elder Care
- Pet Sitter
- Dog Walker
- Travel Planner
- Meal Planner
- Party Planner
- Jewellery Designer
- Computer Trainer
Some home-based jobs today even come in the form of services, for example:
- Courier Services
- Personal Chef
- On-the-go Laundry Delivery
- Mobile pet grooming
- Personal Trainer
- House Cleaner
The options are endless and the work from home possibilities are aplenty, all you need to do is decide on the option that is right for you to get started today.