Employer Visit to SAF Naval Diving Unit at Sembawang Camp
3E Accounting Founder Lawrence Chai joined 100 more employers on a National Service Outreach and Engagement Employer Visit to the SAF Naval Diving Unit at Sembawang Camp.
In his opening address, Deputy Commander Naval Diving Unit, Senior Lieutenant Colonel (SLTC) Wong Foo Chan highlighted the critical role the naval unit plays in maritime security by safeguarding the sovereignty of Singapore and defending its sea lines of communication.
Employers witnessed a live pool demonstration of the naval divers’ underwater capabilities where the divers conducted different underwater drills to give employers a better appreciation of how Operationally Ready National Servicemen (NSmen) are trained during the annual In-Camp Training (ICT). The programme included a static display of dive equipment and a visit to the Naval Hyperbaric Centre, one of the only two in Singapore, the other speciality facility being housed at the Singapore General Hospital.
Po Work-Life NS Practices at 3E Accounting
Lawrence shared with Head, National Service Directorate, LTC Yvonne Lim Sheue Pyng about the many Pro Work-Life NS practices at 3E Accounting to support NSmen and create a NS work-life harmony culture at the firm, including:
- Full day off-in-lieu for NSmen who serve ICT or are mobilised on their rest-day and off-day
- Certificates of Service and Testimonials issued by SAF, SPF and SCDF are taken into account in 3E Accounting’s recruitment and selection process
- Additional leave entitlement for employees who have completed Full-time NS
- IPPT incentive 1-for-1 top-up with 3E Accounting giving additional matching monetary reward for Gold, Silver and Pass with Incentive awards
- Operationally Ready National Service (ORNS) completion reward
These benefits recognise our employees’ dedication and contribution towards the nation, and is a commitment by 3E Accounting to support NS and Total Defence. It is the reason why 3E Accounting has been part of the NS Mark nationwide accreditation scheme since 2016, to promote an NS-friendly workplace culture and the adoption of human resource practices that support NSmen in fulfilling NS duties.